Thursday, May 26, 2011

Saw this posted on a friends page and loved the thought.

Hebrews 12:11 says "All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness."

(KJV says :  "Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. ")

What a comforting thought on so many levels.  They were using it in reference to having to be hard on your children.  The thought was used about being a "mean" parent.  So many times have I cried about having to be that parent; but then I go to the store and see children who have "nice" parents.  I wonder if maybe my thinking is obviously reversed.  I don't want to be a "nice" parent if my children turn out like that.  Lord help me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment