Friday, May 6, 2011

My Little Happy Family

Tonight my husband took my oldest daughter to the store with him and so for about an hour it was just me and my baby girl.  For a while she sat and played with her new baby doll and I cleaned up dinner.  I began to notice how quiet it was.  My first thought was...wow...that's nice.  As I listened further I noticed that there was no sound of fighting, or laughing; or crying.  Maya played quietly and I cleaned.  After a little bit I noticed that Maya began to aimlessly walk around.  She never said a word; but I think she was looking for her playmate.  I thought about how that I was so thankful that her and Sophia had each other.  Then I thought back to a time when they weren't a part of my life yet.  What did I do?  I thought how lonely and boring my life had been.  When Phillip was at work I was alone.  I had no one to talk to, no one to hug.  All of the sudden I had a glimpse of what my life would be like without the other half of my family.  Lonely.  Yes it may be quieter; but I wouldn't trade the laughing, crying, noise that goes on everyday for anything.  It may sometimes be chaotic; but my life is full of joy.  I may never get all the laundry done at one time...I may always have that one lonely dish that failed to make it in the dishwasher; but I am happy.  I wouldn't trade any of that for all the quiet you could offer.  I love my little happy family.  Thank you Lord...for your blessings on me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment