Friday, December 31, 2010

Strong Tower

Last night Bro. Wright was talking about when you find yourself in the midst of temptation that there will always be a way of escape; and that we are to look for it. When I am in the midst of a temptation I seldom take the time to think much less look for a way of escape. This morning as I was reading I read the scripture


Proverbs 18:10 “The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, AND IS SAFE.”


This brought to mind an experience I had this weekend.


Sunday morning I had the girls in service and Phillip was at work. It was a pretty good service; but my children were acting “extra crazy”. ;o) I was so frustrated by the end of service I was in tears. I could feel this anger starting to build inside as I was driving to lunch. I was beginning to be short with my kids and I could just feel myself sliding into this place of complaining and lashing out. I could see this happening and I thought in my head Lord I don’t want to go there anymore. I don’t want to be upset at my children because I didn’t get to focus completely on the service. I felt this unction to call on the name of the Lord so I just started saying JESUS!!! I didn’t know how or what to pray for; but I began to call on His name. Pretty soon I began to speak in tongues and the Holy Ghost filled my car.

It dawned on me as I was reading this morning and thinking on last nights service that that had been my way of escape. The situation didn’t change in the fact that I still had missed the majority of that service; but my attitude had elevated so that I could be ok with that.

That may seem like a small thing; but it has given me faith that in EVERY temptation to come the Lord will send that way of escape. If I don’t see it at first I can call on the name of the Lord and He will show me that way of escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment