Monday, June 27, 2011

Take it to the Lord in Prayer

Today as I was going over some things in my mind and I kept coming back to the thought...

"Lord, I just don't know what to do..."

Over and over and over!!!

As I was sitting there this thought crossed my mind...

"Take it to the Lord in prayer."

I thought yes, that is what I need to do.  Our services lately have hinted at our need to really pray for our circumstances.  This is something I struggle with.  Not really with having to pray; but for remembering that it is necessary.  A lot of times I take it for granted that if I take my hands off a situation that the Lord will just take care of it.  For the most part this is true...we are to have that kind of trust in Him to take care of our situations.  He will meet ALL our needs so we don't have to worry; but I think that sometimes He does want us to pray for our situation. 

He will take care of us.  He will have His will.  He will lead and guide us.  We never have to question this; but what if the prayer is for us.  I thought about when we pray and take our burdens to Him what do we receive in return??  Peace...comfort...joy...all of these come through prayer.  The Lord doesn't necessarily "need" for us to tell Him what we need; but I think that when we take it to the Lord it helps us relinquish control of that situation and really give it to Him.  Lord help me let you have my burdens and stop trying to carry them all on my own.  Your shoulders are so much stronger than mine. 

I have been singing this all day after having this experience and the words ring so true to me...   



It was funny...as I was giving the girls a bath tonight my oldest daughter began singing a little song she learned in VBS this week...

"Count your blessings name them one by one.
Count your blessings see what God has done.
Count your blessings
Name them one by one.
Count your many blessings see what God has done."

Out of the mouth of babes...thank you Lord :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment