Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hope

This morning as I sat with my girls watching a video I noticed that they were both snuggled up as close as they could get to me.  They were comfortable and completely at home in my arms. 

Sometimes I get very discouraged because I am not a "good mother" in my own eyes.  What I mean by that is that I am not perfect; and more often than not make a lot of mistakes.  A LOT!!  As I sat there holding them I realized that I must not have scarred them too terribly for them to still want and feel comfortable being near me.  They still climbed up on the couch and snuggled into me.  Even in all I've done wrong they still feel safe with me.  They know that I love them and they love me.

This small realization encouraged me.  As I think about it now I wonder if I can let go of all the wrong I feel I have done...take the lessons learned...and start again.  Do it better.  What if what my mind tells me is not true...all hope is NOT lost?  What if I can start today?  Not tomorrow...or when life slows down (my famous excuse); but today...now?  After all I still have a chance to love these precious little souls that love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment