Tuesday, November 29, 2011

One Day at a Time

After spending time being discouraged because of my faults and failures I decided today that I have to repent and then move on.  I have to let go and trust that the Lord is going to forgive me for my failures and choose to start again.  I think I must have felt that I needed to pay some sort of penance by dwelling on them...worrying about them...and beating myself up.  The thought occurred to me today that doing this is not profitable anymore.  All that does is keep me beaten down and in the same place.  This doesn't allow me to grow.  I learn and grow by making the mistake...repenting...and turning from my ways.  Dwelling on it keeps it there in front of me and more often than not I tend to go right back to doing what I repented for. So...I am trying something different..."One Day at a Time Sweet Jesus".  So TODAY I started over :o)  TODAY I will take everything one step at a time...then before I go to bed I will thank the Lord for the victories won and repent for the battles lost...I will go to sleep and start again tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment