Monday, October 31, 2011

What I am feeling today…


After such an encouraging and sobering weekend I awoke with so many things going on in my head.

It seems like so many people are going through things. Not just the little everyday things; but BIG major things. In the midst of that we have been having some…out of this world services. Not just in the worship; but in the words coming across the pulpit. Strong words. Words that make you consider. Words that are asking you for a choice. Decide. Commit.

I kept hearing the Lord say today…”I’ve given you a glimpse of things to come…”.

I feel like He’s showed us a glimpse of the types of things we could be facing on a smaller scale. Not so much the pressure from the outside yet; but as was said this weekend the pressure from within. Not just from others; but the Lord is turning up the fire in our own individual lives. Causing things to happen to push us closer to Him. To get plain with it…He wants us to give up COMPLETELY. Ashamedly I admit to not doing that. Telling the Lord He can have this much…and even that sometimes comes with an IF attached.

I kept thinking Lord you’ve given us a glimpse of the power, the glory, the joy; and yes the victory that’s ahead for your people, now am I ready to jump in with both feet? No reservations. He’s showed me what freedom really looks and feels like, now do I want it bad enough to GIVE UP myself, my goals, my dreams, my ideals to have Him? Am I ready to close my eyes and give Him my hand? To REALLY let Him lead???? To really walk in the spirit. Not just worship in the service; but to REALLY let it lead us. In our daily lives. Working on our jobs. Raising our children. In our marriages. Am I ready to let go and let HIM??

I was talking to a good friend this weekend and I said you know you don’t just make this decision once a day…every time you come to a situation (which may be 5,000 situations a day) you have to stop…consider…and follow the Lord. If you fall on one get up and confront the next situation. It is a DAILY…hourly…and yes sometimes minute to minute struggle; but as seen this weekend He has given us the power to do it. To overcome in those steps if we will take that spirit we all like to wade in and put it to use as it was really meant to be used.

For most of my life I think that I have worshipped and drank of the Holy Ghost; but have failed to USE it as the tool that it really is. It is to help us…give us power to overcome our very nature!!!! To change the person that we’ve always been into the person He has always known we could be.

Read: Romans 8!!!

Zechariah 4:6 “Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This [is] the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.”

The Lord is so near right now. Helping, wooing, encouraging. He’s giving so much grace and so much help to those that are willing to call on Him. Those willing to step on in and finally overcome those areas in their lives that have been holding them back for years. I can tell you it’s hard to sit in a service and not feel the victory in people’s lives. It’s almost like you can reach out and grab onto it. It’s that obtainable!!! It’s THAT real!!!! It’s right here!!!! Reach out and grab it!!!

Lay hold on your salvation the glory of the Lord is at hand!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment