Friday, January 14, 2011

Joy in the Camp

"Joy is not the absence of storms, it's learning to dance in the rain."

I saw this quote somewhere and my mind began working.

Finding joy in the midst of chaos is sometimes hard.  Well, honestly it is always hard.  Joy hides in places your carnal mind wont look.  Joy is something that you can't buy, you can't sell; and if you look for it in the flesh you wont find it.  Joy goes BEYOND happiness.  I can pretend to be happy; but in order to find true joy...that flows from within.
Joy comes when you look at your circumstances and see a bigger picture.  That this chaos is somehow for our good even though we can't see why yet.  I know that sometimes it is hard to see the BIG picture; but it's at those times that the Lord gives us grace.  Grace for what?  To endure.  Why must you endure?  You endure because you have been given hope of a promise.  A promise of life eternal. 
I am not saying that I have this down pat.  I do NOT!!!  I have to continually remind myself of this; and when I can't seem to remember it the Lord is so faithful to remind me.  He send a song, a testimony; or a message my way that helps me remember why I endure.  That feeling begins to wash over me and I remember.  That peace, and comfort; and yes...even JOY returns to give me that little push to go a little further. 

"It's not by might, nor by strength; but by my spirit..."

He said He would never leave us or forsake us.  You may find yourself in the midst of chaos; but look around He's right there.  Don't allow yourself to end up in the ditch of sadness, complaining; or depression.  Call on the name of JESUS!!!!  If all you can do is stand in your living room and holler HELP, holler help!!!!!  HE WILL HEAR YOU!!!!! 

"Then you ask me why I love Him.
Why I choose to walk this way.
Why His service it gets sweeter everyday.
It's the only life worth living.
And it makes my world complete.
Oh THAT'S what Jesus means to me!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment