Friday, November 22, 2013

Something A WAY DOWN in my Soul


Cracking myself up today.

I was having a not so good very bad day.  Not for any reason other than just griping at myself for being the way I am.  I sat down at the piano and began playing the first song that popped into my head “Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus”…ironic I know :0)

I felt better as I played and then I started singing “I Feel Something A Way Down In My Soul” Haha…and low and behold there was a little something there LOL. 

I thought to myself yep there’s something there…even if it IS “a way down” in there LOL!! 

The more I sang the better I felt.

Then I got this crazy picture…something we’ve always heard before…about an old water pump.  We’ve heard this story a million times; but I thought I would remind myself. 

And I would like to say everything I know about this is not much…I only learned it from Little House On the Prairie LOL. 

That water they need to live is down deep in the ground…unless you lived near a river or a stream you had to dig a well.  In order to get the water out they dig a big hole…put a pipe and pump down in it and start pumping.  I’m sure there was more science to it than that and I might actually research it a little bit; but it looked like that’s the basics anyway.  After the pipe was put in the water didn’t just come gushing it out…in order to get that water there sometimes you had to dig deep and keep pumping. 

Sometimes…a lot of times I have to do this.  That water is laying down there waiting for me and I have to start pumping. 

LOL…but oh how sweet it tastes when it finally gets to flowing…then all I have to do is walk out and get a drink whenever I need it. 

Anyway…that was my crazy picture :0)

1 comment:

  1. Not so crazy. . .just singing those songs was "priming" the well and once the water started up the pipe it began to flow out from deep within
    . . .the well's not dry it just needed you to put a little investment into your it so you could drink freely of the water of life.

    ReplyDelete