Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 5 - 30 Day Challenge

I signed up for a 30 Day Encourage Your Husband Challenge and today's assignment was to tell my parents and his how I feel about my husband. This is something surprisingly hard and embarrassing for me to do. I am fine sharing how I feel about most things; but this seems to be so private it's intimidating. I do however want to do this challenge whole heartily so here goes.


When I was a little girl I always imagined being married and having my own family. Like most little girls I had it all planned out. I can already see in my daughters this natural wifely and motherly instinct taking hold. It is funny how that we fall in love with the idea of being a wife and mommy before really knowing what all that will entail.

When Phillip was 11 he moved to Houston, TX. From the first moment I saw him I knew that he was the man/boy for me. Some say that at that age you can't possibly know; but I did. As our lives went on I dated others; but always would come back to Phillip. None could compare. He was the one!!

When we got married I was in love with the idea of love. I knew that I loved Phillip and that I wanted to spend my life with him; but I had no idea what a wife was supposed to be and I will readily admit that for the last 11 years he has put up with a lot. He has never left...physically or mentally. He has a lot more patience and mercy than I have ever thought about having. He truly LOVES me.

Phillip is a GREAT provider. He willingly sacrifices his wants and even his needs to give everything he has to me and our two girls. He gives his time, his body; and every last cent of his money to make a life for us that he feels we deserve. I hope that one day I will actually DESERVE it.

Phillip is a FANTASTIC father. He loves his children more than life itself and would lay down his life if it was required for them. He is caring and considerate with them. They are his BIGGEST fans. =D

Phillip is my BEST FRIEND. There is no one besides the Lord that loves and cares for me the way he does. He takes more abuse than any man I know and still will reach over to comfort and listen to me.

Phillip is my PROTECTOR. When he is gone I have a hard time sleeping because he sleeps with his arms around me most of the night. In his arms I am safe. I know that I can trust him because I KNOW that he loves me.

I could go on and on; but this note would get very mushy very fast. The truth is that I love him more than just about anything. I do not deserve how good he is to me; but I do intend to spend the rest of my life trying my best to prove to him that I love and appreciate him.


I don't just love him for the things that he does for me; but I love him for just being there. Staying when I know that most men would have run the other way. For making me fee like the most important woman in the world.

I love you Phillip...more than any words I type could ever say. You are the man that goes beyond my dreams!!!



.

No comments:

Post a Comment