Monday, December 12, 2011

Today the opportunity presented itself… (Meaning…my girls were still for longer than 20 seconds…) for me to tell my girls a Bible story.  This weekend Bro. Brown was talking about his childhood a little bit and mentioned that when his family got saved that his mother began to read them a chapter out of the Bible every night before bed.  That really pricked my heart because I should be doing a lot more.  I should be teaching me children little tidbits throughout the day.  Taking the chances when they come around to plant these truths in their little hearts.  So…back to my story.  It just so happened that they were still :o) so I asked them if they wanted me to tell them a story.  They said yes so I thought for a second and began to tell them about the story of Noah building the Ark.  When I got to the end I told them that the rainbow was a promise from God and then asked them if they knew any promises that the Lord has given them?  They both said no so I began to name a few…
He promised to never leave you or forsake you.  He promised to always love and watch over you.  He promised that if you will love and serve Him that you can reign with Him someday. 
I really felt the Lord back me up and I knew that this was something that the Lord wanted me to take more time to do for them while they are young. 
As they went off to play I still was thinking about those promises and this phrase kept going over and over in my head…”To him that overcometh…to him that overcometh”.  Now we have all heard these but they encouraged me so much today that I thought I would share them with you.  He has given us for sure…without a doubt promises…if we continue in obedience. 
Revelations 2 & 3

2:7 – To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
2:17 – To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that recieveth it.
2:26 – 28 – And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of the potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.  And I will give him the morning star.
3:5 – He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
3:12 – Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

3:21 – To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in His throne.
3:22 – He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment