Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Heart Melted

Tonight as Sophia and I said our prayers I noticed that she was mumbling and moving her hands.  As I listened closer I realized she was praying and signing.  She was praying for her Mamaw and Mom and Dad etc... and every time that she would say their name she would sign it.  I stopped praying myself to listen to her and she got embarrassed.  I told her it was ok she could keep praying; but she shook her head no, so I hugged her and said AMEN. Talk about things that melt your heart.
I often wonder what it will be like to watch her give her heart to the Lord.   What will it be like to hear her speak in tongues for the first time.  If I am there for any of those events I am sure that I will feel the same sense of thankfulness that I felt tonight.  God is so good and faithful.
More than anything, I want my children to give their lives to the Lord.  I want them to know the same joy and peace and comfort that I experience everyday.  I want them to have that close PERSONAL relationship with Him.  So that they know that He is there for them whenever they call.
I know that there is mercy laid up for families by past generations that have dedicated their lives to the Lord; but I want to do my part to show them the way.  I want to allow the Lord to take such control of my life that my children can call me blessed.  I want them to look at my life and God's handiwork.  I know that they will see my faults; but I want them to be able to say she had this wrong; but look at how she allowed the Lord to change that.  Look how He made something beautiful out of her life.
Help me Lord to show forth mercy, and love, and kindness to my children.  Help me to help them see Jesus in me.     

No comments:

Post a Comment