Thursday, April 24, 2014

Dedicated to God

Listening to a meeting in Hurst and Bro. D.L. Jones made the statement below and it got my mind to thinking…
“You’re dedicated to coming to church.  You’re dedicated sometimes to doing your job…preaching…teaching… etc.  But are you really SOLD OUT to this God?”

“What you do is a reflection of course; but it has nothing to do sometimes with what we do.”
He’s not saying it doesn’t matter what we do; but that is not our primary reason for serving God.

I thought WHOA this is a deeper definition of going through the motions.  You can be faithful to church…sing in the choir…testify…even praise the Lord; but there is a depth that even goes past all that He is looking for.  This cannot be a life that we just DO, it has to be a life that we ARE.  It has to be a life we live from the time that we wake up in the morning to the time that we lay our head on our pillow at night.  It must be a life we live whether we are up or we are down.  It must be a life we live whether we are “accepted” by those around us or we are not.  It must be a life we live when we’re sick or we are well.  We must not just surrender our Sunday mornings and our Wednesday nights; but we must surrender our LIFE.  We must give up our wants for HIS desires.  Give up our ideas for HIS truths.  We must give up our worldly pleasures for HIS treasures.  We have to give up our reactions for HIS responses.
If He says do something we must do it…without question…hesitation…or argument.  He says stop we must stop.  If He says we can’t go there…don’t go.  If He says don’t watch, listen to; buy that then don’t do it.

I tell my kids…when do we obey?  RIGHT AWAY.    
At some point we…I…have to get to the place where HE directs our every step…thought…action. 

TOTAL…unfeigned…whole hearted…non-conditional…dedication!!  Not dedication because we have something to DO; but complete dedication to our Savior because of who HE is. 
We aren’t faithful to church just because we enjoy being there, or pray just to hear ourselves talk; but we should DO the things He’s asked us to DO because of what He did for us.  Because we want to lay down OUR will and OUR time and OUR comfort to honor Him.  It is not about us…it’s about HIM.  He didn’t save us because we are so great, or have so great a talent He couldn’t live without; but He looked down on us because we needed Him.  What do we have to offer Him that HE hasn’t given to us?  Nothing!!  We should dedicate our life to Him because He laid down His life for us.  He didn’t have to…he made a choice to have mercy on a group of sinful people who without Him had no hope.  Why shouldn’t I lay my life down for Him and allow Him to direct it as He chooses.  My goodness my life is the least I could give Him and that is not even a drop in the bucket for what He did for me.    

 “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me:”               Gal. 2:20
Help me Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment